viernes, 5 de enero de 2018

Chocotastrophe

Hi, mates! Happy new year, btw! How are the resolutions going? I would like to say I’m fine, but I would be lying. Yesterday, I was scrolling on Facebook when an article called my attention. I usually don’t trust on  Facebook news, because they are usually fake. So, I did my research and, to my surprise, it was totally true. I refuse to believe this article is real. It just can’t be real. You are probably asking what kind of article I’ve read to be like this. I’m going to ask you to sit down and drink some water. 



 Are you ready now? I have some horrible and disturbing news from the future. According to scientists, the world is running out of chocolate. Listen to the shock go over the house at this moment. You can’t believe it, right? But it’s true.


According to experts, global warming is the one to blame. Cocoa plants need high humidity, and plenty of rain to grow properly. The problem is that temperature is increasing a lot every year, and it would be really difficult for this plant to survive. This is an extract from the article I’ve read:

“Officials in chocolate-producing countries such as Ghana will be forced to choose whether to push cacao production areas uphill into mountainous terrain, which could cause issue for wildlife. They’ll have to either disrupt dying ecosystems or give up on chocolate. This, plus last year’s predictions of a chocolate deficit thanks to excessive consumption, points to a looming struggle to produce enough chocolate to meet the demand.
 ‘Unlike other tree crops that have benefited from the development of modern, high yielding cultivars and crop management techniques to realise their genetic potential, more than 90 per cent of the global cocoa crop is produced by smallholders on subsistence farms with unimproved planting material,’ Doug Hawkins, from Hardman Agribusiness, told the Mail Online. ‘All the indicators are that we could be looking at a chocolate deficit of 100,000 tonnes a year in the next few years.’



According to predictions, we have 40 years more to enjoy chocolate. How do you feel about it? 




Link: http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/01/warned-chocolate-shortage-may-looming-7195118/

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Entrada destacada

And We are back!

Hi there! How are you? It’s been ages since we spoke. I enjoyed my holidays a lot. It's good to be back, though. If you are new here...

Entradas populares