martes, 16 de enero de 2018

Let's celebrate

Hiya, mates! How are your summer holidays going? Really? Tell me everything about it! I’m glad to hear all about your adventures. I have wonderful news for all of you. Well, I think they are at least for me they are. Do you remember the other day I told you about this problem with chocolate running out? Wait! Don't cry...


I was really worried about this issue. So, I dug into the real story behind that article. Well, grab your cocoa mug everybody…The world is not running out of chocolate after all. 



According to USA today, the Business Insider published an article saying we are not going to have chocolate in 30 or 40 years. People were afraid. Support groups were created to give assistance to chocoholics around the world. But there is hope out there. 





Apparently, this article had “inaccurate information.” USA today says that different scientists are working together “to make plants resistant to viral and fungal diseases. A fungus has plagued cacao plants in South America for decades. The scientists are using CRISPR gene-editing to tweak the DNA of cacao to make it more disease-resistant.”



Experts from the University of California say that it is true that climate change is affecting cacao plants. They also say: “The vast majority of cacao is produced in West Africa and rising temperatures could reduce the amount of land suitable for its production, which in turn ‘could speed up the spread of disease’, but not "to the point of extinction."



So, I hope you are as happy as I am with this new. I mean, I can live without a car. I can live with the idea of not having Game Of Thrones for a year. But I say NO to a life without chocolate.





Have a great week, people!  :) 


Link: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/01/05/no-world-wont-run-out-chocolate-2050/1007061001/ 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Entrada destacada

And We are back!

Hi there! How are you? It’s been ages since we spoke. I enjoyed my holidays a lot. It's good to be back, though. If you are new here...

Entradas populares